I skipped a Tuesday, and honestly, I might start doing that more often from now on. My freelance work is starting to pick up and I feel like quality definitely overrides quantity when it comes to blog posts. I mean, duh. But it felt nice to get to Tuesday and be honest enough to say, “You know, I know I’m not going to produce a quality post today, so I’m just not going to post at all.”
Thankfully, this will not be one of those days.
I am beyond honored to have been tagged by Ronald Sampson for the Mystery Blogger Award! Go show him some love–he’s got a fantastic blog!
The Mystery Blogger Award was birthéd by the beautiful Okoto Enigma, a lifestyle and travel blogger, to help recognize bloggers around the world and motivate them to keep on keep’n on! Be sure to show her some love, too!
So without further ado:
mystery blogger award rules
The rules for this Mystery Blogger Award are as follows:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 facts about yours truly
- I’ve played viola (bigger, cooler cousin of the violin, eheheh) for 12 years. I am decent. I have not touched my viola since I graduated in May. So I am probably not decent anymore.
- I am the oldest of 3 girls, and we are all very different but also just similar enough. People say my middle sister and I look exactly alike. We disagree.
- I could probably quote you almost every single line from Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
5 questions answered
- What are the five things you cannot live without? Coffee, some kind of writing apparatus (pencil and paper, word processor, etc.), dark chocolate, comfy shorts/pants, and the Bible.
- According to you, what is the perfect day? I wake up at 6:30 am, have coffee, read, and workout before 8:00, have all my freelance work done by early afternoon when my fiancé gets home so we can have lunch and watch Netflix together, run errands/do chores or whatever, free write and/or work on projects until dinner time, have some drinks and chill on the back porch, read/write until bedtime. Oh yes, I am a simple girl with simple needs.
- Which celebrity would you like to meet and why? Off the top of my head, Chris Pratt. So yes, I think he’s cute, but I also think he’s just a good-hearted guy and I think he’d be fun to have a beer and talk about life with. He’s probably really funny in real life, too.
- Who or what inspired you to take up blogging? I remember that one of my friends from high school started a blog, and I’d see her posts on Facebook, and it looked like a lot of fun. I don’t think she still actively blogs, otherwise I’d link to her. Other than that, I just really wanted another outlet for writing during college. I was so tired of writing essays. So. Very. Tired.
- Describe an incident involving you that you’re not proud of. Yikes. Well, this one will be entertaining: when we went out for my fiancé’s 21st, I got blackout drunk for the first (and hopefully last) time ever. I kept buying drinks, dancing with random guys, talking to random guys, and apparently I peed on the side of a gas station. I didn’t do anything detrimental, but it wasn’t my finest hour. And the subsequent hangover was positively brutal.
my mystery blogger nominees
- Quill and Bean: https://quillandbean.wordpress.com/
- Ren Strange: https://strangelypopcultured.com/
- Rin_Asuka: https://rinspect.home.blog/
- Natonya: https://justnatonya.wordpress.com/
- Louis: https://thematicallymeandering.com/
- Jackie: https://jackieofalltradesblog.com/
- Bournemouth Girl: https://bournemouthgirl.com/
- Black Pistachio: https://blackpistachio.co.uk/
- Faye: https://femaleoriginal.com/
- Cozy Stylist: https://cozystylist.com/
- Molly: https://mindofmolly.com/
- Serena: https://spicewitch.com/
my 5 questions for them
- What do you consider your passion and when did you realize it?
- What is your best piece of advice for fellow bloggers?
- If you could tell your younger self anything, what would you say?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Describe your perfect date. (April 25th is taken…)
my best post(s)
According to the number of views: the enemy of my enemy: a semi-original short story
According to the number of likes: 5 tips for getting back on the ball
According to my opinion of it: why you should watch one punch man
Thanks again for nominating me, Ronald! This was so fun! Who doesn’t like talking about themselves, haha? I hope others enjoy the process as much as I did! Peace out, girl scouts!
Mystery Blogger Award logo copyright JGC Blog (I need to get myself a Canva account or something…)
9 thoughts on “Mystery Blogger Award: I’ve Been Tagged!”
Thanks for tagging me, Becca 🙂 I enjoyed reading your answers (my perfect day would be almost identical to yours!) and I’m working on my post now.
Thank you for tagging/nominating me!
Thank you so much for the tag! Posts like these are always a fun break from the regular blogs. I really enjoyed reading your post!
Thanks for the tag! I feel like everyone has been/will be in the exact same position as no.5 on your answers haha x
Thank you so much for the nomination and including me in such a lovely tag. Congratulations on your nomination! Your blog is lovely. It’s great to learn more about the person behind the blog
Congratulations ✌✌ Even I can’t live without coffee ☕ and shorts