Finally, I get to do the Real Neat Blog Award tag! Thanks so much for nominating me, Ron! Be sure to check out his blog, On the Ron, and give him some love!
Ron’s Daily Plan For Bloggers on Twitter is absolute genius and I’m so grateful to be part of it, even if I’m not as active on Twitter as I want to be! Just know that I’m there in the background, creepily following the conversation and then forgetting to contribute! Yaaay!
So here we go:
- Display the blog award logo in your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Do not forget to link their blogging website.
- Answer all the questions they have given you.
- Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers of your choice.
- Ask them 7 questions.
1. How important do these blogging awards mean to you?
I mean, I really enjoy and appreciate these blogging awards, and they’re definitely a fun break from my normal content. And it does feel really good to be nominated for one, though hopefully my ego doesn’t ride too much on it! I think they’re important because they build camaraderie in the blogging community, and they help your readers get to know you a little better. It’s always nice to appear more human! Am human, can write!
2. How has blogging helped you?
It’s really taught me how to motivate myself to write and to think outside the box, and really, I’m still learning–I could be doing better by far, but it’s really helped me expand my knowledge of writing and networking.
It’s also kept me writing creatively, which is always a good thing. I’ve been really off-schedule with my story writing (*cries*) but at least I’ve been doing this… kind of! (*cries again*)
3. If you were granted three wishes, what would you ask for?
Oh my gosh these sorts of questions are so hard! Okay, I won’t overthink it, I’ll just go with the first 3 reasonable things that I think of: for my student loans to be paid off, for an agent to pick up my novel, and to never gain weight. Oh my friggin gosh, how narcissistic and self-centered is that?! Wowza!
4. If the blogging community had rankings, what would be your rank?
Anyone ever watch One Punch Man? I’d be like a B-class, rank 32 hero. Like I’m not the bottom of the barrel, but I’m like second string, average grades, not a total nobody but definitely not getting stopped in the street kind of ranking. Ha!
5. What’s your take on blogging as a whole?And do you see more people take up blogging as a means to earn a living?
I think it’s a great creative outlet and a great potential side hustle, especially because you can write about something you truly enjoy and find ways to interact with that community.
Some people think that blogging’s kind of dead but I think it’s alive and well, as evidenced by a) how many people are blogging and b) how willing companies are to have their products reviewed by bloggers. It just takes a lot of dedication and leg work to really earn a living doing it. But it can be done, and it has.
6. What is one dish you can never say no to?
Gyros! I love Greek food so much, and I don’t care if it’s lamb or chicken, I’m there for it all day, every day.
7. What is something you’ve never done but really want to do?
Surf! I live in the Midwest so I’m as far away from the ocean as possible, but there’s a part of me that, had I grown up near a coast, would have totally been into that surfing and longboarding scene.
I’m so sorry if I nominate you and you’re like, “Who the heck is she?” I haven’t been actively reading and commenting on other blogs the way I want to but consider this my vow to start doing that again!
- Is what you blog about at all related to your day job or field of study, or is it a total break from it?
- What is your favorite thing to write about? What just flows effortlessly when you go to write about it?
- What’s your favorite book that you’ve read in the past year and why? (Because I know how hard it is for bookish people to pick just one!)
- What’s your favorite movie(s) and why?
- If you could have coffee (or tea) with any fictional character, which would it be and what would you talk about?
- What’s your favorite dessert and why?
- What’s your spirit animal?
As usual, this is totally voluntarily, but please let me know if you participate so I can read and comment! Thanks for reading mine, too!
3 thoughts on “The Real Neat Blog Tag”
Thank you for giving me 7 new blogs to follow! I greatly enjoy reading these award nominee posts. I love your blog!
You’re so welcome! Thank you so much!!!
You’re welcome, Bec! And wow, your answers are really good. Loved reading it! (: